APPENDIX A TO THE TERMS OF SERVICE
ELIGIBILITY AND RULES FOR VOLUME.COM CONTESTS
Any undefined terms in this Appendix shall have the meaning given to them in the Terms of Service
From time to time we may offer the opportunity for you to participate in contests that shall be administered through the Platform. While the general rules that apply to all contests are presented below, the particular details of any currently running contest can be found on our contest rules page.
- Entry and Eligibility. Unless otherwise noted in the rules applicable to a specific contest, entry will be limited to Community Members who maintain a verified account on the Platform. All registered users of the Platform shall be eligible to participate in any contest, provided that they have complied with the Terms of Service, and provided that such contest is not prohibited in their home jurisdiction. All contests shall be void where prohibited. You will receive notices from us regarding each individual contest and any applicable rules and privacy choices. You may elect to enter such contests at your discretion and may change your mind by sending a message to support.
- Contest Periods. Each contest shall have a posted beginning date. An end date may be provided as soon as practicable after determination but is not required. Each contest shall run for a period of time that begins on the posted beginning date and ends on the posted end date, if any.
- Conduct. By participating in any contest run on the Platform, you demonstrate your agreement to comply with and be bound by our decisions regarding such contest, which shall be final and binding in all respects. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to disqualify any entrant in any contest who we deem to be: (i) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of a contest; (ii) violating the Terms of Service or any contest rules; or (iii) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any false information provided within the context of the contest by any entrant concerning identity, postal address, or non-compliance with any contest rules may result in the immediate disqualification of an entrant from any contest. We further reserve the right to disqualify any entry that we believe, in our sole discretion, infringes upon any third-party right, violates any law, or otherwise does not comply with these Terms of Service or any contest rule.
- Prizes. The rules of each contest shall set forth the prizes to be awarded. In the event that there are multiple prizes offered for a particular contest, but there are an insufficient number of eligible entrants in that contest, not all prizes will be awarded. If a winner is not able for whatever reason to accept his or her prize, we reserve the right to not award the prize or to award the prize to another entrant.
- Claiming Cash Prizes. In the event that cash prizes are awarded for any contest, no potential prize winner shall be entitled to receive payment, nor shall Volume be liable for any such payment, unless and until the total amount of unclaimed funds associated with your account exceeds Fifty Dollars (USD $50.00). In order to receive cash prizes, potential prize winners will be required to complete a claim form, which will include submission of that person's legal name, a copy of their government-issued photo identification, mailing address, birth date, telephone number, social security number and a selection of a preferred payment method. Claim forms are processed once per month, and claimed cash prizes will be sent using each potential prize winner's chosen payment method on or before the seventh day of the month following receipt of the processed claim form. In addition, depending on the amount of prize winnings claimed, potential prize winners may be required to sign, notarize and return an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, a liability release, IRS Form W-9 and/or provide any additional information that may be required by Volume. Failure to provide any requested information may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- No Recourse to Judicial or Other Procedures. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief, or to any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with any contest are hereby excluded, and you expressly waive any and all such rights. Contests are subject to the dispute resolution procedures outlined in the Terms of Service, of which these rules are a part.
- General Conditions. All contests are governed by the laws of the State of Florida. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in any contest, you agree to be bound by the contest rules and by our decisions, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to that contest. We are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the administration of any contest or in the announcement of any prizes.